In a new weekly feature, Dana of Empathic Translation will be sharing her views as well as practical tips on understanding and managing your sensitivity as an Empath.
What did I discover when I relocated to a 360• perspective? I FOUND MY HIGHEST SELF! AND WE ARE TOTALLY BESTIES NOW!
Maintaining your Empath Sanity:
- Check out your personality type. There are 16 personalities of which most Empaths fall into the “rarest” of them. You can take a free test at 16personalities.com and after a 5-10 minute questionnaire, you will be provided an elaborate report as to how your mind likes to process information, how you gain and are drained of your inner energy, what triggers you into imbalance, areas to focus for self management, your ideal self image, your common stressors (environments, careers, interpersonal dynamics), and how you make decisions and take action (or why you don’t). This helps you understand your HUMAN (your brain).
- Check out your natal birth chart. You can get. Free chart at cafeastrology.com under natal birth charts. This will provide for you an elaborate report on the energetic composition of your essence (soul). This will give you great insige into your “spiritual self.” Sidenote: I’m not saying you have to go believe in astrology or horoscopes (I don’t follow either cause I refuse to be told what to do or who I am ) or that you have to believe every piece of your personality type to be 110% applicable – what I’m saying is, DO SOME SELF RESEARCH!!!! Use these as a starting point on your self discovery!
- Embrace your struggles. I mean REALLY go at it hard. Figure out everything that makes you go off your rocker, that you feel is “wrong” with you. I once wrote out everything I disliked about myself and it was a crazy ass long list. Then stare at all this information and figure out WHY. Cry, get angry, sad, ashamed, feel guilty, whatever. And then FORGIVE YOURSELF. Go through each thing and forgive yourself for becoming a person you disliked, promise yourself you will take proactive steps going forward to understand your struggles and evolve from them instead of resenting yourself for having them, that you will live your life in accordance with your highest and truest self. Invite that part of you to step forward and represent and welcome your self home.
- Love yourself. This means coming up with a list of boundaries for which you will not allow the world and those in it (including you!) to make you feel imbalanced at their disapproval of you. This means being acutely aware of anyone or anything that makes you feel even minorly bad about yourself, the way you live your life, or throws you off balance as you go through your day – and then draw boundaries around that person/those things. This will energetically not allow them to come into contact with your balanced and fully connected highest self. If Jane at work is always bitching to you about her personal drama – Jane gets a boundary where you shut her off “Jane, I cannot solve your problems because I’m working on my own so please refer them to someone who has time for your low vibing bullshit” (but maybe be a little nicer, Jane could be a nutbag.) Another example, if loud blasting music amps you up and makes you wired and jittery, STOP LISTENING TO IT! Check your environments and make sure they are conducive to calm, assertive and self assured you.
- Chill the fuck out. Sounds easier than it is but it’s probably not as hard as you have been making it. Once we have a better understanding of our self, have begun to work on ourself, have set boundaries so we can maintain our loving relationship with ourself, we realize that it wasn’t that we were actually whacked out of our minds but rather our mind was out of alignment with our highest self. There is such a sense of relieve and calm, clarity that comes from connecting with our inner truth – we begin to realize the world can go on however energetically chaotic and the effect on us becomes less about US personally and more about it just being something we can feel. You see, worry/anxiety/fear/depression all of that stems from a lack of knowledge, we are made uneasy by what we don’t understand. As you begin to fully understand yourself, learn your self, know your self, become fully aware of your self… All that anxiety/fear stuff, it significantly reduces and often times goes away completely.